Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cricket

My whole body hurts like crazy. Result of an over enthusiastic weekend of cricket. Hadn’t played in several months and I felt obligated to play to keep my good standing in the “club”. I did after all talk about how actively I was involved in this “organization” in my essays (which is true). It’s interesting how what started as an attempt to meet desis (felt it would be nice to have some indian friends along with all my other friends at the time) in a new city has morphed into this monster that I can’t seem to slay. These guys are so damn passionate about the sport, I don’t have the heart to tell them it bores the shit out of me right now and if I had to choose between being asleep at home at 10 AM on a Sunday morn and playing cricket, the latter would be a DISTANT second. Not that I don’t enjoy cricket. I do. Maybe once a month.


So anyway, we were playing against this team from Antigua and I kicked some serious ass! Got to open the batting for a change (I normally open the bowling attack). Derived great pleasure from smacking this particularly obnoxious 6’6” monster for 4 sixes. The bastard had treated my bowling with utter disdain and had this really annoying habit of coming down the wicket after he’d wacked me for a 4 and telling me how he’d always had a gift for hitting fours on the off side! Ah, revenge *is* sweet!


So why am I blogging about this? I don’t even like cricket that much. Well, because my brilliant batting cost my good friend Y $400. I managed to clear the ground *and* the parking lot and reached the sidewalk on a particularly big hit and shattered the driver’s side glass of his Accord. Justice has finally been done! Y can’t stop laughing about the time I agreed to one of A’s “brilliant” ideas of trying to push my car out of the sand (where it was stuck) by *gently* nudging it with his Accord. I have a big fat dent on my bumper to show for that. A broken window for a dent. Fair enough. I’m one vindictive Ahole! (not really).


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home