Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Tapes on a plane

People who know me, know that if there's one thing I'm shit scared of, it's flying (scary movies don't count S!). Yes folks, this wannabe consultant who will (probably) spend half his life in a frickin airport/airplane is terrified of flying. I try not to think about the irony.

But now I'm convinced I was right! You don't know what kind of shit goes on out there man! Check out this video from YouTube that was posted on Sepia Mutiny. They're using Duct Tape to fix the damn wing!! Come on!!



Of course further reading tells us that it isn't really duct tape, it's "speed tape" and is a perfectly legitimate "fix", but WTF man! A tape is a tape is a tape. The fact that they use a found-it-in-my-grandmom's-garage rickety little ladder doesn't help either! And that doesn't look like an engineer fixing the wing, looks more like "Raju" from the cycle repair shop next door! I so shouldn't be watching videos like this...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...

11/29/2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger ~*sim*~ said...

perhaps the fear factor should depend where you're flying to... that way exciting flights -- to europe, or to "the motherland" -- would be much less stressful. (i can't say whether flights back to b-school after said vacations would be equally untraumatic ;))

12/01/2006 4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home