Thursday, June 22, 2006

Back to reality

After a fun 30 days, I'm slowly getting back to thinking about my so called B-school journey. I had completely cut myself off from that world for a while, which might not have been the smartest thing to do. I find myself going through all the mails in the mailing list, desperately trying to figure out what the hell people are talking about with their posts on "career assessment" sites and IDs n what not. My admit package, which would unravel these great mysteries for me, lies desolately in a remote locker in a distant land. After calling the IT department at Duke to get my ID and password, I now find myself staring at a June 30th immunization deadline with no documents ready! So last night was spent making frantic calls to the health records departments at USC and my office. The ~12 hour time difference is such a pain! I had to go looking for a fax machine in the middle of the night, which isn't the easiest thing to do in this city...where art thou Kinkos? But at least I managed to track down some of the records I wanted.

Now if only I can figure out my roommate situation, I should be all set. I thought I had that taken care of 2 weeks ago but the guy I was supposed to stay with backed out at the last moment. I have some choice words for him but there's a possibility that this blog won't be totally anonymous at school so I guess I should refrain from dissing a future classmate for now. The shitty thing is that I didn't follow up with the 4 or 5 other people who were interested and now they already have roommates. Oh well, I'm sure it'll work out.

I still have to figure out where to stay for 2 weeks when I get back to Florida. I could stay at a friend's place but that would mean a 1 hr drive to work and I don't even know whether I'd be comfortable staying there for 2 weeks. On the other hand, hotels are really expensive around where I work right now. Hmm.

Finally, I'm dreading going back and trying to sell/discard some of the stuff I still have lying around. The plan was that I'd just take whatever I could fit into my car, but despite giving away all my furniture and a lot of other stuff, I still have way too many things. It's not a big deal, but it just seems like such a lot of work which is so not something I'm looking forward to in my current mood.

I think I'm going to stop thinking about all that and go back to pretending I'm some rich sheikh who can eat, drink, sleep and party all day and all night. Ahmedabad has been fun, Bombay was as amazing as ever, now Delhi, here I come.

3 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

i think yours is the best way of doing things, enjoy completely when you have to enjoy, then slog it out for a couple of days to sort out the formalities...i am sure things will work out this way or the other...and you will do just fine. so chill !

6/22/2006 1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats the best attitude, dude! Have fun while you can.. after all not everyday can you be a rich sheikh.. :o)

6/26/2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Maybe you can sublease an apartment from someone for the two weeks. Have you looked on Craigslist? People are forever traveling and wanting to make some cash.

Good luck catching up with the to-do lists!

6/27/2006 11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home