Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The journey begins

So it's finally here! Time to pack my bags and leave sunny Florida for good! Well, sort of. I'll be back for a week in July but for all intents and purposes, "stick a fork in me, I'm done"! Donated all my furniture to the Salvation Army. Took care of all the million things that go with moving..address change, disconnecting services, returning equipment, putting things in storage etc etc. Trained my replacement at work. Gave my official notice about quitting work in July. It's been a fun 3 and a half years in the Sunshine state but I'm definitely ready to move on.

With all this stuff going on, I've barely had time to plan my trip in terms of what I want to do and what I want to see in my extremely touristy journey. But again, as my friend said, planning out everything would be really geeky. You can't beat the fun and unpredictability of spontaneity. So I've got my bagpack, I've got my camera and I'm ready for adventure!

I'm really excited about my first trip to Europe (the trip as a kid doesn't count). But honestly, I'm even more excited about going back home after two years. Nothing can beat the feeling of being back in your old room, eat at your favorite places in your city, spend time with family and reconnect with old friends.

So the itinerary finally includes London, Paris, Madrid, Rome, Florence, Amsterdam in that order, followed by a trip to India (Ahmedabad, Mumbai and Delhi). I'll be gone till the 1st of July (leaving late tomorrow night) so this blog might go quiet for a while although I'll probably make some entries while in India. Thought I'd let my loyal readers know. All two of you.

Finally before I leave, I'd like to wish IWMI, Sorebrek, Forest, C'est la vie, Laserlikefocus, Brownski and everyone else still waiting for a decision, the best of luck! Hope every one of you gets into your dream school!

3 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

enjoy your trip man. europe should throw up a couple of surprises, and we would all like to hear about it...so if possible, write a post or two during the nights when you dont get hooked up, or arent stoned ;))

have fun...

5/17/2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger DesiGalNYC said...

that's a cool itinerary.
a word of caution - if you do avail of the coffee houses in amsterdam, make sure you're completely sober when you get out so you don't get run over by the bajillion bicycles on the streets ;-).

5/18/2006 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip! Your itinerary sounds like a lot of fun..

I will be in India too but around 9th of July (tentative plan, right now) and already excited about it. As you said, there is nothing like being back in your room, eating at your favorite places and catching up with old friends. :o)

6/03/2006 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home