Saturday, February 03, 2007

Internship search done!

Thought I'd come visit my much neglected blog. I *should* be preparing for the Operations mid-term or working on the Managerial Accounting case or doing something constructive along those lines but I'm so not in the mood for any of that stuff right now!

So my big news for the week is that I'm finally done with my internship search! In hindsight it was quite painless (except for the week from hell when I had 8 interviews and a huge project due!). The really cool thing is I ended up getting an offer from my top choice company (amongst the ones I interviewed with). I'm still waiting to hear back from 3 companies but it's extremely unlikely I'll take up any of those even if I get them. Which means I'll spend 10 weeks over the summer in DC, trying to figure out whether consulting is indeed what I want to do after B school.

6 Comments:

Blogger Forrest Gump said...

yay, congrats !!

2/03/2007 9:46 PM  
Blogger AynRand2008 said...

Congrats! Long time no see! I considered consulting before school started, but ultimately, I don't think I will like that lifestyle. Good luck to you, though!

2/04/2007 10:05 PM  
Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

Awesome, congratulations!

2/06/2007 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am an admitted student for the class of 2009 at Duke. I was wondering if you could share your recruiting experience thus far. Rumor has it that it is quite challenging for international students to get jobs out of Fuqua. Can you shed some light on the issue? Are companies outside of consulting /banking open to internationals?

2/08/2007 3:08 AM  
Blogger MJ said...

Thanks anon.

My recruiting experience was pretty good. I had plenty of interviews across job functins and industries and as I mentioned in the post, landed my dream job in consulting. However, you also have people (really smart people I might add) who weren't as lucky and who are still looking for jobs. So it's a bit of a crapshoot. But this is just the beginning of recruiting season. Everyone will find something over the next couple of months.

It definitely is slightly more challenging for international students but that's true across all B schools and not specific to Fuqua. In fact, I think Fuqua does an exceptional job of being aware of the situation for international students and provides resources to assist them. If you look at the recruitment numbers for the last two years, they are almost identical for international students and domestic students.

Please feel free to email me through the address on my blog and I'll be happy to answer your questions with specific examples.

2/08/2007 11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The universe tends to unfold as it should.

2/09/2007 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home