Thursday, March 02, 2006

The city of brotherly love

So I finished my Wharton interview today. No surprises. The interviewer asked the expected "Why MBA, why now, why Wharton" questions and I stuck to my usual shtick. I've repeated it so many times I'm actually beginning to believe some of it :). In hindsight, the one thing I could probably have done better was communicate a little better. I think I was speaking too fast and rushed through some of my responses. The school visit part of the trip was fun. Met some really interesting people. The caliber of some of the students at these schools continues to amaze me. Sat in on a 2nd year marketing class which quite frankly I did not enjoy but I had to make sure that I looked interested and laughed at the right times at the prof's lame jokes and nodded intelligently when he was addressing someone in my vicinity. Why, you may ask. Well, cuz I'm Mr. Paranoid. The guy who interviewed me happened to be in the same class and I assumed he had nothing better to do than to observe me for a solid 90 minutes and draw conclusions based on my body language and determine whether I would be a good fit at Wharton etc. In other news, I believe Martians landed in my back yard and Elvis is still alive.

A good thing that came out of this trip is that I found out my license has expired! I showed up at the car rental place and was just turning on the charm in the hopes of getting a free upgrade from the cute girl behind the counter when she went all cold on me. Turns out my license expired 2 weeks ago. Sh*t. Had to go back to the airport, take a cab etc. Got to head to the DMV tomorrow. I'm gonna use my motorcycle till I get my new license. Cops rarely pull over someone on a bike.

Seems like the MIT interview invites are trickling in. Quite a bit of activity on the businessweek forums about this (besides I_Will_Make_It and wheresmydesert reporting interview invites). Luckily I've finally reached a point where I'm beyond caring anymore. I'll be happy if I see the invite in my inbox but I'm so over obsessively checking for it everyday.

And finally, I finished 'The World is Flat'. Will probably blog about my thoughts on the book sometime in the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

Now comes the two-week "wait and see" period. =o)

Btw, I've been debating whether or not to see The Pink Panther. Hard to resist Steve Martin!

3/02/2006 5:44 PM  
Blogger i_will_make_it said...

lol. I've been knocking on a lot of wood lately. :-) Good luck with W! Sounds like you did an awesome job.

Wait, so doesn't the DMV mail you a notice ahead of time before your license expires? It expires on your b-day right? Happy belated b-day!! :-)

3/05/2006 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home