Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The invisible school

Got waitlisted by Stern. I had put together that application in literally 2 days. It wasn't that hard since I already had the toughest essay (the last one) taken care of from the time when I considered applying last year. The rest, I just copy/pasted/modified from my other schools. I applied there, even though I was in at other schools and wasn't sure I would go even if admitted, for very personal reasons and didn't tell anyone for the same reasons. Those reasons are moot now.

Mentioning my admits at Duke and Darden in the optional essay might not have been very smart. Especially since I talked about going into MC as one of my goals. Since these schools are so closely ranked and since Duke and Darden are generally considered better for consulting (Stern is obviously considered better for finance), maybe adcom didn't think I would attend even if admitted. If they thought my application was good but were concerned about yeild, a waitlist makes more sense from their pov, since now they can get a feel for my true interest based on how actively I pursue (or don't pursue) the waitlist.

Or all the above analysis is bull and they waitlisted me cuz that's what my application deserved. Anyway, it's all good.

ps: The invisible school refers to the fact that Stern has always been listed on the sidebar on the right, it's just been invisible i.e. "commented out".

4 Comments:

Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

I (obviously) didn't know you were applying to Stern! Stern seems to waitlist a lot of people. Anyway, glad you're into Duke w/ $$$, although it would have been great to be your classmate. =o)

3/29/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Forrest Gump said...

The invisible thing was really a surprise, but would you go to Stern even if admitted ?

3/29/2006 11:00 PM  
Blogger MJ said...

i'm not sure forest. the main reason for applying was a personal thing (which is irrelevant now), but apart from that i also *love* nyc so i dunno. at the same time, it's not fair to take up a spot (even if it's just a waitlist) unless i really want to go. i'll decide within the next couple of days.

3/30/2006 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

4/06/2006 3:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home