Thursday, March 16, 2006

The big D

"You don't understand! I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I could've been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am."

Okay, so maybe not getting into Wharton doesn't quite make me a bum, but it blows nonetheless. That's right, Wharton showed me the dreaded big D. I can't say I wasn't bummed out about it. I was. I still am a little bit, but I'll get over it. On the bright side, there finally seems to be some resolution to where my life is headed. I can start thinking about moving, apartment hunting, roommates, getting tickets etc, so that's a good thing.

I've resisted the temptation to do a post ding analysis so far and hopefully I can keep it that way. Hindsight always has the benefit of 20/20 vision but it's useless now. I am headed to a school that I genuinely like and which will provide me with all the opportunities to succeed in my chosen career path (MC). Like I told my friend, I would definitely have gone to Wharton if I'd got in, but Fuqua is pretty good too so no regrets.

Finally, a little bit of soul baring. K got in to Wharton. I'm genuinely happy for him! However, considering that he wouldn't even have applied there (or at any other top school) if I hadn't convinced him and helped him with his essays, I felt a momentary pang upon finding out that he was in and I wasn't. Petty? Yes. He's one of my best friends so I'm not proud of the fact that I felt that way even for a second, but such is human nature (or maybe it's just me).

3 Comments:

Blogger sorebrek said...

I think it is ok to feel that way. The thing to watch out for is 'deficiency motivation' - if he could, then why couldn't I? It took me a while to understand that I need to be motivated to do things of my own accord and not relative to anyone else. But you knew that, didn't you? Good luck with Fuqua.

3/16/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger BigAppleNosh said...

Sorry to hear about the Ding, I got it as well. =oT I'm glad that you're in at a school that you'll love, though!

3/17/2006 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

4/06/2006 3:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home