Friday, September 07, 2007

The Fun Continues

"Ah, I'm back in sleepy ol' Durham. Herniated discs, lost luggage, missed flights etc are things of the past...Back to a fairly predictable existence" .... so thought I. HA! Not so much.

On Tuesday night I proved all the naysayers right. "It's a deathtrap" they said. "It's not a question of whether you'll put it down, it's a question of when and how bad it'll be" they said... None of it fazed me. But after 10 years of an impeccable record, it finally happened. I laid down my bike (I had a motorcycle accident for those uninitiated in biker lingo).

After spending 10 hours in the ER, I finally walked out with a broken arm, a separated shoulder and some nasty wounds. The only saving grace was that it wasn't worse than this and more importantly, my friend who was riding with me didn't get seriously injured.

So for all you riders out there, drive safely! There are a lot of idiots on the road who don't follow even basic traffic rules.

ps: It's amazing how you don't realize that you rely on both hands for practically everything in day to day life!
pps: This post was written with one hand..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nevrmind.

SHIT happens! :)

9/15/2007 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it sure does...but it still stinks :).

9/19/2007 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home